Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is it nine months, or nine days?


Ten months after this picture was taken, we began the adventure of a lifetime. Nine months of pregnancy sounded easy enough. I could not wait to get pregnant. Don't get me wrong...I am so fortunate. I love being pregnant, so why am I feeling so scared and stressed, instead of excited and ecstatic?

I am flooded with feelings. Nine months sounded like more than enough time to prepare for such a life changing event. In the beginning of my pregnancy, days felt like weeks. I could not wait to get a big round belly and feel the baby start to kick. Somehow, my life has fast forwarded to week 24, and I am not ready at all! I am not sure how I am supposed to turn into mommy 16 weeks from now! My thoughts are this: "AHHHHHHHH!"

My baby is kicking me because she knows I am talking about her, which she does often. I have no furniture, 2 outfits that are decorated with baby phrases, and an empty room that begs me to fill it as soon as possible. Where can I find that magical money tree?? Yes, to add to the stress of becoming a parent for the first time, knowing that I might need to use super absorbent paper towels as diapers is very unsettling. I have a feeling that everything will come together, but I can't shake the fear. Nine months of pregnancy is starting to feel like nine days of pregnancy. Before I know it, I will be blogging while the baby is napping (hopefully).

My determination for a natural birth is what I should be focusing on. Yet another thing to plan and prepare for. I have 4 more months to sleep late and sit on the couch for extended periods of time, then it is Momma Missy for the rest of my life.

I am starting to wonder how women get through this. There is so much time to wonder and analyze how things might be, and I really have absolutely no idea what it will all be like. The anticipation is killing me, but at the same time, I think I can wait.

Am I a pregnant mess, or what?!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Sandy said...

You know - you will be just fine and it is amazing how you can do alot for a little. When my daughter was born we were poorer than the church mouse. We went to Hardee's one day and they were getting rid of some "smurf" stuff so I took it all home and decorated in "smurf" - well that was 26 years ago. The moment you see that precious baby you will know. Good luck. Sandy Young